Tuesday 9 October 2012

Show time!

So, term time begins again at university and a quieter period in my role as President.

I'm very pleased to learn that the National Home Improvement Show held at Olympia at the end of September was a very successful show for us and Mark Wilson MCIAT is to be thanked for his Masterclass seminar all about Chartered Architectural Technologists and what we can do. I understand that the seminar was well attended and Mark had a queue waiting for him at the end! Excellent to hear.

I'm also very pleased to learn that Tony Holt MCIAT had a stand for his practice at the show and that he has for the past six months had his own column in the Homebuilding and Renovating Magazine - I shall have to source some back issues so that I can read them but what a great opportunity for the Chartered Architectural Technologist to be seen.

If you are going to Grand Designs Live at the weekend at the NEC, then keep an eye out for me as you may spot the President! I shall be visiting the show and also we have three Chartered Members in the Ask an Expert feature at the show. My thanks in advance to all those Members taking part and I hope to meet up with you there.

Across the waters, our Public Relations Director will be representing the Institute at the same time at the Improve Your Home Show in Belfast - it really is exhibition season at the moment!

Also, if you are a member then do join the CIAT Member Hub LinkedIn Group - there are plenty of debates going on and join them on Twitter as well @CIATHub - it is great to have this online CIAT community.

No comments:

Post a Comment