Tuesday 11 September 2012

An exciting start to September

After my whistle stop run through of the past three months, I now reach September!

It was back to London for the first meeting of the CIAT 50th Anniversary Taskforce on 31 August to which I was invited to as an observer. This was a very productive meeting all about how we can celebrate the Institute's golden year in 2015. Lots of ideas to explore so keep a look out for news about this in the future.

On Saturday, 1 September, it was time for my second Council meeting as Chairman. At this meeting we had the important election of the next President Elect - the successful candidate was Karl Grace MCIAT. Congratulations to Karl and I look forward to working with him when he takes up the position at the AGM in November. Kevin Crawford MCIAT was elected Vice-President Technical and Bob Kay MBE PPBIAT MCIAT was re-elected as Honorary Treasurer.

The new President Elect

CIAT Council - 1 September 2012
5 September saw a meeting that I didn't attend but felt that I had to make a special mention to the Student Group. This Group is made up of student representatives from all our Accredited universities and it is wonderful to see such excitement and inspiration from this Group already. I look forward to the outputs from this Group and meeting with the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment